7 Reasons To List During The Holidays
Saturday Nov 03rd, 2018Share
Spring may still be peak home-shopping season, since most families want to move when the kids are out of school. Yet it actually pays to list in the winter, when buyers tend to have more urgency. Listing in the winter can also be a great strategy for lessening competition and driving up value for your home.
Here are 7 reasons to say YES to listing during the holidays:
1. Serious Buyers. While there may be less buyers out there, people who look for a home during the holidays are serious. They are ready to buy.
2. Less Competition. There are fewer homes for buyers to look at during the holidays which means less competition for you. More demand equals higher value.
3. Less Inventory. After the holidays the supply of listings increases substantially which lowers the demand for your home. Less demand equals lower value.
4. Good Vibes. Your home shows better when decorated for the holidays.
5. Convenience. Many buyers have more time to look for properties during the holidays (as opposed to a normal work week).
6. You Remain in Control. We can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown.
7. Move Sooner. You can sell now for more value and not have to physically move until January or February as opposed to just starting the whole process at that time.
With all these advantages on your side, hopefully selling your home in the winter won’t feel so daunting. I know you’ve probably got a lot on your plate this time of year, though, so I've put together some resources to help you check everything off your home-selling list. Ask me how I can help make your home a hot seller this winter.